Monday, 21 September 2015

Your Sugar Sits Untouched by Emilie Autumn (2/5)

First published: 2005
Page count: 105
The back says: Written between the ages of 13 and 18, Emilie Autumn's debut poetry book quickly sold out amongst her fans back in 2000.

Your Sugar Sits Untouched is a partial re-release of Emilie Autumn's 2001 poetry book, Across the Sky & Other Poems. In addition, it includes seven new poems.

I say: I am not a huge fan of poetry that rhymes, so this was never going to be hit with me. Having said that, if I had read this in my teens I probably would have liked and related to most of it more than I did reading it last year. Autumn wrote the poems between the ages of 13 and 18 and it shows in a lot of the imagery and wording. Thus not saying that it is in any way juvenile, just there’s a lot of teenage angst.
And I wasn’t in the mood for it.

I may revisit this collection later on, but for now I give it 2/5.

No comments:

Post a Comment