Tuesday, 30 June 2015

Hyperbole Allowed

It’s a good thing nobody takes the title of my blog seriously or I wouldn’t be here right now. It’s been a long few months of depression and no will to read fiction, at all. I have been devouring news and scientific articles and various blogs, but fiction.

None.

Unfortunately, depression usually robs you of the things you enjoy the most and you make do with the mundane in life.

I have never watched so many TV-series in my life.

But all things must come to an end. I quit my soul sucking job, I started working out, I became a vegetarian and I started reading and writing again. Hopefully the rest of the year will stay on this track and things will get back to normal. I am 37 books behind on this year’s challenge on GoodReads, so reviews will start to pop up eventually (I feel like I’m reading like a first grader – i.e. very slowly).
 
Time to bring out the children’s books.

As you were...

4 comments:

  1. Welcome back! Nice to hear from you and I'm sorry you've had a bad time. Take care and I'm looking forward to your updates when you're ready :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks so much. I look forward to reading your reviews, as well. I do recall us discussing some authors we wanted to explore this year, so it'll be interesting to see what you've been reading so far :)

      Delete
  2. Haha, nope we like you too much to actually kill you :D Congrats on getting out of bad times, I know it's hard and you seem to have managed well!

    Don't even try stressing about the book count! I've decreased my Goodreads challenge twice and am happy now. I've found out that comic books are the best when you are struggling with getting back to normal reading pace - maybe you should give it a try?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Oh, I know I'll never make the reading challenge at this pase, but I don't even care. I'll leave it at 100 books until the 29th of December when I'll change it - haha :D

      I'm trying to read more comic books, and it's going ok. I still need to find what style I like and it's all so new to me.

      Delete