Tuesday, 12 February 2013

The Stomach Flu & The Annual Book Sale Crazy


I've had the stomach flu the past few days, hence the no posting and no reading. All I do is lie in bed watching the Golden Girls and feel sorry for myself in between trips to the bathroom. Ugh. Every time I get sick I swear I’m on the verge of death, and today is no different.
 
However, the annual book sale in Sweden is about to start (26 February) but all the online retailers offer you a chance to book titles in advance, which is what I’m doing right now.
 
Last year I went a little very crazy, and this year gave myself a budget of 50 books or €200; which I think I may already have broken.
 
It’s obvious I need to re-think this a tad, especially since I’m off to Dublin and Belfast at the end of the month. Oh, and also because I already own 268 books I haven’t read yet.
 
Yes, expect a very remorseful post about how I really need to be on Hoarders lock myself in the house to read (if only I didn’t have that whole uni thing getting in my way).

 

4 comments:

  1. I hope you feel better. And just think, if you buy a bunch of books, you could always host an awesome giveaway! :) Get well soon and happy reading all your new books!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I should host a giveaway. I've been thinking about that because I have two copies of 10 books and I don't know anyone who reads that I could give them to. I should do the Literary Blog Hop the next time that comes around. Great Idea.

      And thanks, I'm almost back to normal now :)

      Delete
  2. Oh gosh, if we had anything like that here in the States, I would be in the same boat as you!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yeah, so far so good. I only found 11 books that I wanted (after a serious talking to telling myself to stop being silly and I have enough books to last me a couple of years). But I'll still hit the stores to see; it's usually just biographies, Swedish crime novels and cook books, but I'm hoping to score some new dictionaries and/or books on philosophy and litterature.

      Delete