Tuesday, 1 January 2013

Tea and Books Reading Challenge 2013



Earlier this year I signed up for the Teaand Books Reading Challenge hosted by Birgit at The Book Garden. I signed up as a Sencha Connoisseur – which is appropriate since all I drink is green tea – and what it entails is that I have to read 8 books over 650+ pages.

Easy peasy, says I.

I haven’t made an official list yet, because I have this issue with the page count since I prefer to read Wordsworth Classic Editions as they seem to always have the best translations; and I like the typeface and price; but their text is generally smaller than other editions which means that they have less pages. I haven’t really decided how I’m going to deal with this, but as of now I’ll just add the books that are 650+ pages that I know I’ll manage (!) this year.

1. Shantaram by Gregory David Roberts – 733 pages.
2. Infinite Jest by David Foster Wallace – 981 pages.
3. At Swim, Two Boys by Jamie O’Neill – 643 pages (yes, I’m cheating 7 whole pages).
4. David Copperfield by Charles Dickens – 768 pages
5. The Pickwick Papers by Charles Dickens – 800 pages
6. The Story of Tom Jones, A Foundling by Henry Fielding – 875 pages
7. Devils by Fyodor Dostoevsky – 694 pages
8. Les Miserable by Victor Hugo – 1463 pages

No comments:

Post a Comment