Sunday, 2 September 2012

Going Back to School

As of this week I’m back at university, which means that I probably won’t be posting as many reviews as before – it all depends, really. After spending a few years thinking about what I want to do for the rest of my life, I’ve now finally decided to just go for it and study literature, since that is my main love.

I’ll be studying Literary Science (full-time), as well as an additional course, Literature and Existentialism (50%). I’ve been looking through the reading list for the Existentialism course and I’ve read most of the novels, so I’ll be focusing on the textbooks there – I’ll be re-reading Crime and Punishment by Dostoevsky and The Stranger by Camus (which was my next read anyways), as well as some of my other favourite existentialist works.

Excitement overload.

I’m not sure what’s going on with Literary Science course since I haven’t been able to access anything online, but I’ll hopefully be able to do that tomorrow. I’m sort of hoping that I’ve already read most of the novels for that one as well, so that I don’t have to rush through any reading and still have time to read for my own pleasure.

There’ve been few reviews this week because I’ve been sick (again) and I’m only just getting my strength back today, so reviews will pop up during the week.

I’ve finished 29 classics for The Classic Bribe Challenge as of this week, which is a hell of a lot more than I ever would have imagined. I haven’t reviewed them all, so I’m not sure they’ll count for the giveaway, but I’m just amazed that I managed that many.

I can’t believe I’ve read 89 books so far this year.

Ah well... as you were!

4 comments:

  1. I hope you're having a great time at uni! I love being and student and there's nothing better than studying something you love. I hope you feel better! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. So far I'm loving the existentialism course, but the first module of the literature science one is called lyrics and poetry and it's not my favourite since I'm reading poetry in Swedish - which I don't particularly like. But I'm learning new things, so I'm staying positive.

      And I'm still a bit sick, but I should be back to normal by Monday (I hope).

      Delete
  2. Good luck with school!!! Feel better soon (it's definitely not fun having to go to school and do work when you're sick)!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - school is good and ok, and I should be back to normal with the illness by Monday *fingers crossed*

      Delete