Friday, 24 February 2012

Definitely Too Much

I received my batch of pre-ordered books from the book sale yesterday and today I went to three book stores as well, and I’m thinking that all my plans of not going overboard were nothing more than wishful thinking. There’s so much amazingness staring back at me that I can’t even know where to start.

But the best part of this year’s book sale is that I managed to stay below my budget of €60.

Incredible.


This (hopefully final) batch contains:
 
A Mercy by Toni Morrison
Good Morning, Midnight by Jean Rhys
The Complete Dictionary of English Etymology by Wordsworth Reference(because I’m a grammar nerd)
The Patience Stone by Atiq Rahimi
The Sky is Everywhere by Jandy Nelson
Wise Children by Angela Carter
The Unicorn Road by Martin Davies
Daughters-in-Law by Joanna Trollope
Between the Assassinations by Aravind Adiga
The Great Lover by Jill Dawson
Sunset Park by Paul Auster
The Silence of the Lambs by Thomas Harris
David Copperfield by Charles Dickens (I may own this already)
Paul Clifford by Edward Bulwer Lytton
Jack Sheppard by William Ainsworth
The Appointment by Herta Müller
Butterfly by Sonya Hartnett
The Boy Next Door by Irene Sabatini
The Wilderness by Samantha Harvey
Because I’m a Girl by Various Authors
The Last King of Scotland by Giles Foden (I love this movie)
The Men Who Stare at Goats by Jon Ronson

All in all I’m really happy with this year’s book sale because I stayed within budget and still managed to get an amazing 54 books! A lot of them are by writers I’ve never read, a few of them are genres that I normally don’t pay attention to, and a few are for my classics challenge – it’s a motley crew staring back at me, and the book nerd in me is patting herself on the back and trying to organize some sort of reading pattern out of the mess.

Note to self: buy new bookshelves.

3 comments:

  1. Too much looks good to me!

    I am so glad you popped by today. You like the book chair, do you? Rather ingenious, I thought!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yeah, that chair is pure perfection.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I really want to read The Sky is Everywhere.

    ReplyDelete