Tuesday, 17 January 2012

The Tiny Book of Tiny Stories, Volume 1 by HITRECORD & Joseph Gordon-Levitt (5/5)

The back says: The universe is not made of atoms; it’s made of tiny stories.

Joseph Gordon-Levitt says:



I say: I’m not sure there’s more to say about this tiny book other than I loved it.

Loved it all.

Pretty much.

Seriously, the stories and the illustrations made me laugh, think, gasp, oooh and aaah, and just plain touched my heart. I love that there are so many different artists involved in this as it offers so many different styles.

One of my favourites:

I collect flickering stars
in old pickling jars,

poking holes in the lids
so they can breathe.
- p. 31

There’s a read along to be found here, but I, as always, prefer to hold it in my hands.

1 comment:

  1. this book sounds just lovely...can't wait to read it!

    ReplyDelete