Monday, 12 December 2011

Mmm… Monday: Sylvia Plath, Part the Third

I walked to work in the rain this morning. It was dark and drizzling when I left the house and started pouring after about five minutes. I should have done the smart thing and taken the bus, but I love walking in the rain. In the summer, autumn and spring rain, I should add. Not this cold winter abomination. And not for the entire 45 minutes it takes to get to work.

Furthermore, it’s just been one of those days. I’m convinced that I’m going to fall ill from all this madness and a week in bed would be most welcome.

Until then, I’ll let Sylvia soothe me.


Admonition

If you dissect a bird
To diagram the tongue
You'll cut the chord
Articulating song.

If you flay a beast
To marvel at the mane
You'll wreck the rest
From which the fur began.

If you pluck out the heart
To find what makes it move,
You'll halt the clock
That syncopates our love.


This is all very self-explanatory and in short, exactly how I feel.

No comments:

Post a Comment