Thursday, 17 November 2011

BTT: Category


Of the books you own, what’s the biggest category/genre?
Is this also the category that you actually read the most?
I haven’t done a BTT in ages (I kind of fell out of the whole routine), and after a long weekend in Berlin and no updates, I thought I’d answer this week’s questions just to ease myself back into it.

I own more classics than anything else, and that is probably the genre I read the most. At least the genre I buy the most.

I think.

It’s either that or contemporary fiction that I have a tendency to rescue from the bargain bins and thrift stores of the world.

I read a lot of YA as well, but because I find that to be such a hit and miss genre, I tend to borrow them from library.

4 comments:

  1. Good point! Classics are another genre that I buy a lot of. They are timeless!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I am the same. I own a fair bit of sci fi because I used to devour it. Over the years it's been completely overtaken by contemporary fiction and classics.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Berlin was ok, thanks for asking. I'm finally about to get a bookshelf of sorts put in (all my books are stacked on the floor and windowsil right now) so I'm kind of looking forward to sorting them out. Just the ones I have here - not the ones in boxes in the cellar (can't be arsed to go get them).

    ReplyDelete