Friday, 30 September 2011

The Heart and the Bottle by Oliver Jeffers (4/5)

The back says: Once there was a girl whose life was filled with wonder...

I say: I bought this because I really liked the cover.

Yes, that's why we buy things sometimes. 

It's a story about a girl who one day puts her heart in a bottle to keep it safe. After a while she realises that things aren't as amazing as they used to be, but she can't get the heart out of the bottle.

I thought it was a cute little tale, even though it was obviously not written for me. More than the story I loved the illustrations. This is the first book I've bought by Oliver Jeffers, but I'm definitely going to buy more of his works.

And then I'm going to try these out on my nieces to see if they're a hit. Their English isn't the best, so I'll have to translate into Swedish, but this'll be a part of my master plan to get them to understand more English so that I can read to them in that language rather than Swedish.

No comments:

Post a Comment