Thursday, 22 September 2011

BTT: In Public


Do you carry books with you when you’re out and about in the world?
And, do you ever try to hide the covers?

I only carry a book with me if I’ll be somewhere I know I’ll have a long wait.
Note: anything more than 5 minutes equals a long wait.
And I can’t think of a cover that I’ve ever hidden. I do prefer removable dust jackets so that people won’t feel compelled to talk to me about what I’m reading. I’m not a fan of that.
A few years back when I was reading Crime and Punishment this woman came up to me and started talking about it and goes "have you gotten to the part where *this* happens?"
My reply: "Errr, no... but thanks for spoiling it for me."
Honestly, some people...

3 comments:

  1. I always carry a book with me. Check out my full answer for this week's Booking Through Thursday.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Only when traveling.

    here's mine:

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/09/booking-through-thursday_22.html

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOL! i would be so pissed if someone did that to me! people are so rude!
    Trish - my BTT post

    ReplyDelete