Saturday, 6 August 2011

Epic Fail


I’m supposed to be on a book buying ban this month. I say ‘supposed’ because I just broke it.

Six days in.

This has got to be some sort of record – even for me.

It all started with me going off to the thrift store to drop off 25 pairs of shoes that I haven’t worn in years (shoes and books are my posion). The plan was to drop em off and leave. (Un)fortunately I popped round the book shelves. Now, because I live in Sweden the majority of books are in Swedish and it’s rare to find books in English that aren’t Joan Collins or About A Boy by Nick Hornby (I swear, every used book store in my city has at least 2 copies of that book). I saw One Flew Over the Cuckoo’s Nest by Ken Kesey, which is a part of my 100 Classics Challenge, so I thought I might as well buy it...

and six more books.

I was trying to justify this slip by the fact that 5 of the books were brand new, so it was a bargain, but I need no justifications.

I need self-control.

No comments:

Post a Comment