Thursday, 23 June 2011

BTT: Soundtrack


What, if any, kind of music do you listen to when you’re reading? (Given a choice, of course!)

I’d rather not listen to any music at all - this I learned the hard way. I tend to associate things with each other, and when I was 13 I was reading a book about Auschwitz and listening to this one song over and over. Since then, I can’t listen to that song without thinking of Auschwitz; which is a shame because the song is so beautiful.

Since I’m currently living with people who refuse to be quiet when I ask them to (which is pretty much all the time), I sometimes have to listen to music just to block them out, and then it’s most likely Yiruma

10 comments:

  1. I think that having a noisy environment and music on top would just make me crazy.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like peace and quiet when reading, so I see what you mean. Music on top of other noise wouldn't help me though. Here is my BTT post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great answer, but sadly I am opposite though. :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Well, just to clarify: I have these really good headphones that block out all other sounds. So I can, quite literally, only hear the music I'm playing.

    If it was music on top of other noice I would just forget about reading and do something else.

    ReplyDelete
  5. I have been in that situation...and yes, music can block out other noises for us. Especially music without lyrics.

    Here's MY THURSDAY MEMES POST

    ReplyDelete
  6. I like peace and quiet but sometimes it's hard to find.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/06/booking-through-thursday_23.html

    ReplyDelete
  7. You make a great point about associating a book with music. I've never had that happen with reading but with other things too. Haven't heard of Yiruma before but now I'm hooked! Thanks for sharing! :)

    ReplyDelete
  8. I prefer soft music while reading.

    Here is my BTT: Soundtrack post!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Mmmm, Yiruma's music does seem very soothing!

    Hope you'll stop by my post...

    Cindy at Cindy's Book Club

    ReplyDelete