Thursday, 9 June 2011

BTT: Own or Borrow?


All things being equal (money, space, etc), would you rather own copies of the books you read? Or borrow them?

I'd rather own the books that I like and love. I like the thought of being able to go back and read them any time I want to. Also, I like looking at books, smelling and touching them (I know, I know), so just to be able to do that all day every day (not that I do *cough*) is a joy to me.

I'm easily pleased.

The books that I don't like, however, I don't really care about, and usually just give away to whomever is interested.

8 comments:

  1. That is great balance. I figure just because I didnt like it doesnt mean someone else wont.

    Here is my BTT.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I mostly borrow books, but I buy those I really like.

    My BTT post.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Haha this is super! It's taken me, what a dozen answers to find the exact reason I love to own books. Hooray!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I’m a big re-reader so I like to own my books.
    Sally.
    http://theelifylop.blogspot.com/2011/06/booking-through-thursday-21.html

    ReplyDelete
  5. I agree.

    http://tributebooksmama.blogspot.com/2011/06/booking-through-thursday_09.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. I do selective hoarding NOW! I already own more than 2500 books!

    Here is my BTT: Own or Borrow post!

    ReplyDelete
  7. I would love a room specifically designed for the enjoyment of books. I do love to own those which I love.

    Booking Through Thursday

    ReplyDelete
  8. Definitely, if one loves something, it's nice to actually own it, right?

    Here's my Own or Borrow? (Booking Through Thursday) post!

    ReplyDelete