Sunday, 29 May 2011

Of Course I Did

I know that I’m like a broken record with this, but I just can’t get over

how

much

it

hurts.

when I finish reading this book. Physically. It’s amazing, really, how I react the exact same way I did last time. And the time before.

“You could never stare long enough but needed to keep staring to find out why you couldn’t.” (p.9)

This.

Is what I'm talking about (over and over again, I know).

May a dare be so bold as to say that Call Me By Your Name has the best last sentence of any book I’ve ever read?

Even A Tale of Two Cities by Charles Dickens, which was my favourite before today.

Obviously I'm not going to type it out, because it's such a major spoiler, but ah, the simplicity, the beauty, the perfection.

I’m ruined.

No comments:

Post a Comment