Thursday, 7 April 2011

The Surrender by Toni Bentley (2.5/5)


The back says: From The Story of O to The Sexual Life of Catherine M., readers have been enthralled with sexually subversive memoirs by women. But even those erotic classics didn't navigate the psychosexual terrain that Bentley does when she meets a lover who introduces her to a radical and unexpected pleasure.

Few women do it and even fewer will admit to it. But in Toni Bentley's daring and intimate memoir, she pulls the sheets back on an erotic experience that's been forbidden since the Bible, to celebrate 'the joy that lies on the other side of convention, where risk is real and rapture resides'.

I say: Someone recommended this book to me, and I thought I'd give it a try, but I think that most of it went over my head.

Bentley talks about her search for faith and/in the lovers she's had in her life, in particular 'A-Man' who introduced her to anal sex. She talks a lot about anal sex.

A lot.

The book was fast paced, had the occasional crude language and had a few witticisms, and that's pretty much all I have to say about it. Like I said, maybe it all went over my head, but the only thing it left me was a feeling of meh.

No comments:

Post a Comment