Sunday, 13 March 2011

In Search of Lost Time by Marcel Proust



Some reviewer of Call Me By Your Name by André Aciman over at Amazon mentioned In Search of Lost Time by Marcel Proust, which of course means that I have to look it up. Unfortunately, for my wallet, this is a work of fiction made up of 6 or 7 volumes that the dear sweet, deluded library doesn't have. I'll call them tomorrow to see if they can ship it over from another library in Sweden, but I doubt it.

So I'm getting busy trying to find cheap-ish copies and it's going so so, because I'm once again stuck in that conflicting trench that is translations. I know how utterly pretentious one sounds when talking about translations, but the things is,

they really do matter.

Also, I have this insane love for Everyman's Library Classics' hardbacks, but they're priced at £15 at Waterstones, and they only have 4 volumes. And I'm running myself ragged trying to figure out all these translations and editions and

GAH!

Oh how I suffer for the love of reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment