Thursday, 31 March 2011

Day 24 – A book that you wish more people would’ve read


Jag Vill Inte Dö, Jag Vill Bara Inte Leva (I Don't Want to Die, I Just Don't Want to Live) by Ann Heberlein. I don't think this has been translated into English (or if it ever will), but because I don't want to keep repeating my answers, I've picked this one.

In it Heberlein speaks about her bipolar disorder, anxiety and suicidal thoughts. A lot of people don't want to read about heavy subjects like this, but I think that everyone should read it. It's so easy to dismiss mental disorders, because you can't always tell on the outside what's going in someone's head. And as a person who suffers from a mental disorder (not bipolar), I feel like it would be easier to talk about it if people knew about the details of it all, and not just the basics.

No comments:

Post a Comment