Monday, 28 March 2011

Day 21 – Favorite book from your childhood


The First Thousand Words by Heather Amery and Stephen Cartwright. I've noticed in the online that there is a new red cover, and that is the best picture I could find of the yellow cover mine has.

It's well over 20 years I've had it, so...

The concept of the book is vey simple; a huge picture and then smaller pictures around the edges with the name of what they represent, say "ball". Then I'd sit and try to find the ball in the main picture.

Gah, how I loved that book.

Even after I'd learned all the words, I'd just sit with it and repeat them over and over again. And then I'd find things in the pictures that weren't named, look them up in the dictionary and write them down in my notebook.

Good times...

I may go down to the cellar and see if I can dig it out for old time's sake.

No comments:

Post a Comment