Monday, 14 March 2011

Day 07 – Most underrated book


I've honestly spent all day trying to think of a good answer to today's question, but keep coming up empty. My memory is the worst, and so for the sake of saying anything I'm going to go with Cosmopolis by Don DeLillo.

As much as I try not to listen to people's opinions about books that I want to read, I tend to check out the general opinion when it comes to books that I normally wouldn't read.

Does that make any sense?

I picked up Cosmopolis because it's being turned into a movie and I really couldn't wrap my head around the idea of making a movie about a guy riding around in his limousine for a day. So, I wanted to read the book first (even though the movie probably won't be out for months), and before doing so I checked out what people thought of it.

And the reviews weren't really that great.

I've never read anything by DeLillo so I didn't have anything to compare it to, and perhaps that worked in my favour. I really liked the book. Perhaps I wouldn't go so far as to say that it's the most underrated book ever, but it's the only one I can think of at the moment, so it'll have to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment