Sunday, 13 March 2011

Day 06 – A book that makes you sad


I've been heartbroken since I re-read Call Me By Your Name by André Aciman earlier this week and haven't been able to get it off my mind, so I'm compelled to name it now.

Because it's just pure perfection.

I read this the first time in 2008 and loved it, but somehow forgot all about it until the other week. Actually, to say I forgot would be simplifying it; it was always there in the back of my head as something magical I once experienced and that was all. So I decided to read it again, because so many times you love something in that particular moment and returning to it years later it's not the same. That's how it was for me and this book.

I loved it even more.

I think it may very well be the best book I've ever read, if my broken heart is to decide.

No comments:

Post a Comment